Des Moines Valley Region SCCA Forums
It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Current Status on MAM-
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:32 pm 

Current info on MAM as of today:

11:23am

Jim Howe

Right now, we have interested parties in the track. I would still be involved. Everyone who cares needs to just chill a litte and not spread negative. Just stay positive and know that things may be turning in an even better direction for the facility! Thanks for positive concern. Those who are interested have contacted us and if we do not sell it that way, yes we may list it in an action in November (Mid) and go with other interested. However, right now everything else is just speculation and banter. WE ALL LOVE MAM and I have dedicated 9 years of passion towards the place. The owner has been very good to have kept the facility for all these years and with change comes good! Thanks for the concern. I have already tt the party who listed the incorrect info on the web and he is a good friend and supporter. Sometimes it’s just plain easier to come to the source than to run with what "top secret" info someone thinks they know etc.
Here we go, the track is currently for sale to those interested, we have a standing offer of sorts and are talking to a couple parties that are great people with a great vision. We are actively running till November and plan on taking the track into the future with a new party that would make some improvements and make MAM bigger and better. Right now, I just need the space and positive strengths required to keep things in the right light for that stage. Please feel free to pass this on to forums, face book, yada yada. It’s all good and I have already informed all the drag racers over a month ago along with road course instructors, staff everyone. That’s why it gets so confusing when these “inside post” come to light on other forums etc. Hey, you all know me and we all have a great race family here at MAM. Even if you agree or disagree with ideas and procedure over the years, we have always worked it out and kept MAM a great place with an open door policy of talk and truth. NO ONE is more “on this” than me and my close staff at the track.
Please feel free to keep this open discussion going and I will continue to keep the truth in the light.
Again, the current owner has been very gracious to keep MAM going for the last several years and the future of MAM could be nothing but bigger and better with positive people! Thanks Jimmy ( RoadKill)
11:41am
Jim Howe

Owner- Cottman Car Repair and Transmissions- Des Moines- We service / repair cars & trucks!
cell- 515-979-8473; shop =515-331-2100
96 Corvette GS, 2011 Camaro Bumble Bee, 73 Stars and Stripes Corvette convertible. Owner- road race cars: 69 Vintage Hugger Orange SS Camaro #48: Co owner- 1991 Cottman Miata #95.

Last edited by RacerDan on Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:15 pm 

That is sad news, but not unexpected.

We were just there this week for Fast Friday with a group of 6 drivers, had a really fun time. The racing surface is still in good shape. Would be a shame to plow it up.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:09 pm 

I just updated my original post to include Jimmy's comments about the track at MAM! It sounds like there may be a good deal in the works, we hope it works! Good luck, Jimmy!

Racer Dan

Owner- Cottman Car Repair and Transmissions- Des Moines- We service / repair cars & trucks!
96 Corvette GS, 2011 Camaro Bumble Bee, 73 Stars and Stripes Corvette convertible. Owner- road race cars: 69 Vintage Hugger Orange SS Camaro #48: Co owner- 1991 Cottman Miata #95.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:18 pm 

New update on MAM:

http://www.auctionsolutionsinc.com/auct ... y-auction/

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:14 pm 

So I heard what it sold for at auction but not who bought it. Dan, have you heard who the buyer was?

2007 Red Acura TL Type-S
1993 Black Rx7
1996 Black SM/STL Miata

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:50 pm 

From the MAM Facebook page:
Quote:
Good Afternoon Everyone! The auction today is ongoing and pending final and highest bid. Indicators show that MAM may very likely remain a race track! We will release a official post when transaction are complete. Thanks everyone. Jim Rdk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:31 pm 

We all hope this track gets oepn again!

Racer Dan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:17 am 

announced today, From Jimmy Howe, Track Manager at MAM:

Well.... After 9 years of great times on both the road course and drag strip, hard work, crazy promotion's and dedication. I am proud to announce that my phone-a-friend last ditch effort at the auction last month prevailed. I would like to make an official announcement that my friend's John & Chris Fitchstepped up and purchased the 204 acre awesome land and Mid America Motorplex. I've been appointed to stay on as Operations manager and vested interest partner! I look very forward to seeing you all out here for 2014. We have some track improvements in the works

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:39 am 

Does anyone have contact information for Jimmy or the new owners of MAM? Someone's been trying to get a hold of them, but the contact info on their web page isn't working for him.

If you can, email it to rallyfan555 at yahoo dot com.

Thanks!