DMVR

Des Moines Valley Region SCCA Forums
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:35 pm 

We are looking for sponsors as well as attendees to this start of an annual event. Read about it below, and I also attached a press kit telling about the national 501C3 status charity, Drive Away Cancer.
I am excited about a season with all the car clubs and enthusiasts, but the kick off to the season with this Prom will be fun, and a good chance to get to know people so willing to make a difference. We are very grassroots, but feel we help...
Thank you for the time, and if you need anything, don't hesitate to call me at 515-339-4228
Shawn Frank

Announcing the official kick off of our 2013 Drive Away Cancer Iowa season!!!

80's Prom Night to benefit Drive Away Cancer will be on February 23rd, 2013 in downtown Des Moines at the former People's on Court Ave. This will be a themed Prom Night and will feature more 80's fun than you can think of or even remember.

This will be an epic night on the town that will be fun for all. We will have 80's DJs and 80's bands. There will be judging for best 80's costumes as well as look alike contests. This will be the start of an annual event in Des Moines. We are going to rock the house with our Wayfarers and Footloose dance moves.

There will be a traditional after prom party with pancakes and refreshments.

There will be press there from nationally televised EXTRA, follow up/b-roll coverage on NBC.com, MSNBC.com, and a pre teaser full page on Variety. There will be pre-interest video blogs on Jay Leno's Garage website, EBay, mycharitylife.com, and of coursewww.driveawaycancernow.org.

KCCI TV8 will be doing a "stand up" throughout the day and televising and interviewing the set up crews, bands, volunteers, and sponsors, and keeping Des Moines updated all the way up to the event and during. This will be a big deal!

Expect a few cameo appearances from Hollywood celebrities as the word is out to some high places.

What better way to spend a late February night than to have more fun than you did in the 80's, and put smiles on faces of kids affected by cancer from the proceeds.

If you are a company and want national exposure, or if you want to sponsor our 80's Prom Night, please message me on Facebook or at my71spit13@yahoo.com for more info. This will be good exposure for any local and national business, and all for a great cause. Help us make a difference in the midwest and beyond.

This will be the first event of the season, but you won't want to miss a minute.

Please share this on your page, and invite everyone you can. There will be an event page created on Facebook and Twitter as well as websites and I will post that soon. For all those that have told me they want to help make a difference, here is your chance! Let's make this a must-do event for years to come!

Ticket info link :

https://tikly.co/-/1302

Facebook event link:

https://www.facebook.com/events/2113017 ... 5/?fref=ts