DMVR

Des Moines Valley Region SCCA Forums
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Autobahn in Chicago 2010
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:02 am 

Well,
We were close again to winning.
The field of 87 cars started on Saturday at 10am in the RAIN which really sucks, Chip was the first to go and with a black flag not for him a spin and then got hit in the rear and the other team took the blame it still took us off the track three times which put us as low as 29th place.
Mike was the next driver he managed to keep it on the track in the wet but the day was starting to dry and climbed to 19th.
Then my turn "John" I was having a blast passing and out braking a lot of cars for positions and a lot of full course caution laps which sucked. After my time at the wheel we where up to 12th position.
Pat took over for the last segment and we were killing them on our pits all day with taking less than a minute for fuel.
After the end of the day Pat got us up to 4th Damn what a great job everybody did.

Sunday the top 10 where lined up so that put me "John" in 4th position, now this is getting interesting!!!!
As I'm waiting the leader takes the top spot "Cougar Bate" in a Saab but only for a short time because they were leaking liquid from the trans seal.
That put us in 3rd now behind a Neon and Buck Snort in a BMW only afte all of that we were only 5 laps down to the leader.
After 10 hours we were in 3rd and first in class still 5 laps down to the leader but we would have the oppurtunity to catch them in the pits.
With only 1.5 hours to go lady luck ran out with a brake problem and wheel bearing failer we ended up 33rd :(

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:44 pm 

I was rear ended in the Datsun, watch the crash from the car that hit me here:

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A ... Vc&h=652e0

The car that cause the huge wreck was the #2 MR2 with bullbars on each end. He probably didn't even care about bumping people because he knew his car wouldn't get hurt, which it wasn't even after he totaled one car and nearly another.

The cars the MR2 damaged: