DMVR

Des Moines Valley Region SCCA Forums
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:11 pm 

Keith Bowman, a long time SCCA and DMVR member, has moved into a retirement community, and he is selling quite a bit of things in an estate auction. Lots of garage stuff, but of most interest to this forum would be a running 1973 914-2.0. I purchased this car many years ago, restored it, drove it daily (during summer) some some time, then it sat when I started racing a Sports 2000 Swift DB2. I sold the car to finance a new data system for the Swift, and without my knowing, Dad made an agreement with the buyer for first right of refusal if he ever sold it. Well, he moved and had to divest, and Dad bought it back, and it has been driven 2 week per year for several years now.

It does run, and is solid, but definately needs some work. You can find this at this link: http://www.ctonlineauctions.com/detail.asp?id=415621 Car is on the site now; auction ends June 22, tomorrow. Sorry for the late post, but things got away from my. The bidding is at $1,400 right now, and frankly the parts along are worth way more than that.

This site will have a couple other Porsche parts, a 1960s era homebuilt racecar frame with lots of vintage parts, and garage stuff. Car is in Des Moines, Iowa. If you need to make special arrangements, just send a message to the auction, and they will work with Dad and I to make it happen.

Not sure how to post a picture, so if you want more information email me at bowmansc.scb@gmail.com.

Scott Bowman