DMVR

Des Moines Valley Region SCCA Forums
It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: application process
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:21 pm 

I downloaded an SCCA application yesterday from a link on the DMVR website. I assume I fill that out and send it in to the national office and then the local DMVR people will get whatever they need?

Also, what is the total cost for membership? I've seen prices between $60-75 so I want to make sure I'll be paying the correct amount and to the correct people.

Post subject: Re: application process
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:10 pm 

red4 wrote:
I downloaded an SCCA application yesterday from a link on the DMVR website. I assume I fill that out and send it in to the national office and then the local DMVR people will get whatever they need?

Also, what is the total cost for membership? I've seen prices between $60-75 so I want to make sure I'll be paying the correct amount and to the correct people.

It is $75 I think. You can fill it out online at the SCCA site. It adds in the dues to DMVR. That is what I did, much easier than walking to a mailbox :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:21 pm 

khaosman wrote:
It is $75 I think. You can fill it out online at the SCCA site. It adds in the dues to DMVR. That is what I did, much easier than walking to a mailbox :D

alright, that's probably what I'll do then when i get around to filling it out.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:56 am 
Site Admin

red4 wrote:

Assuming you are over 21 and thus ineligible for the discounted FirstGear membership it's $55 for National and $20 for DMVR, $75 total for an individual membership. You pay the whole amount to SCCA National and they send us back the local dues. I'll defer to Pat on signing up online as I just send back my renewal via mail each year, but sounds like online is the easy way to go to start off.

No BS Motorsport - Real sports cars don't have Back Seats!
Age & Treachery Racing Ltd.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:58 am 

Ric Johnson wrote:
red4 wrote:

Assuming you are over 21....

actually i don't turn 21 until this November. does that mean i can pay the FirstGear price?

EDIT: from the looks of it it may just be better to pay the extra $10 and get the full membership.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:50 am 

red4 wrote:
Ric Johnson wrote:
red4 wrote:

Assuming you are over 21....

actually i don't turn 21 until this November. does that mean i can pay the FirstGear price?

EDIT: from the looks of it it may just be better to pay the extra $10 and get the full membership.

I know this is a little old but First Gear memberships are now 24 and under

Quote:
Special discounted membership designed to help those age 24 and under get started. Delivers all the benefits of a regulare membership, including your own copy of SportsCar®, at an exceptional value of only $45 per year.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:54 pm 

At the last event, I went ahead and became a full member. Should I be expecting a confirmation or some paperwork in the mail?

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:10 pm 

Jonny5alive wrote:
At the last event, I went ahead and became a full member. Should I be expecting a confirmation or some paperwork in the mail?

You should get your membership card in the mail soon.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 3:28 pm 

Also a bonus for First Gear memberships, you can renew at the discounted price for 3x years. It's what I'm doing; I just turned 24!